Monday, December 31, 2007

This and that.






Lately it seems as though every time I look up I can see a job or project that I could be doing, and that is ok because it makes the slow winter days pass a little faster. I have spent quite a lot of time trying to get everything ironed out with the team, and other little projects. The horses behave themselves pretty well until I get too much weight on the wagon, then one of them would rather not pull his weight. If I go at a good clip, then he is fine, but when I try to hold them up to a slow walk, he thinks it is time to stop. It will get better with time, and the stone boat I borrowed seems to help them a lot. I ran over to a friends ranch the other day and he helped me with a few things, and the pictures of the wagons, etc. are from his ranch. The panoramic picture is from the drive into his outfit. The other photos are from a frosty morning we had here the other day. Sorry that they got out of order.

8 comments:

Linda said...

Nice pictures. I especially like the one of the windmill. Do they still use them much down there?

Tap said...

If you look closely Linda, you will see that there are two more windmills to the left of the near windmill. The far one on the hill has a 25 foot tank on it, and it has a ten foot fan. We put it up ourselves several years ago. Since then we have added pipeline down that way in the summer range, but it is nice to have several sources of water. There are less and less of them anymore, but our water is fairly shallow so windmills are an option.

Have a good New Year.

Jinglebob said...

Happy New Year and also Happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

I am assuming that you are seeing the birthdate I put on the new website you are part of. I just put Jan 1 1900 as a joke. My b-day is in Oct. lol

Jinglebob said...

Ohhh, a jokster eh?

Well then, belated happy birthday. ;)

sure am enjoying all the pictures and good reading on Linda's blog. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures- your land is really very beautiful.

Tap said...

Jinglebob, I agree with you that Linda has some very nice pictures, and she is pretty handy also!

Thanks Callie. Are you the Callie I know?

Anonymous said...

Are there some Callie's leaving comments that you don't know? haha, of course it's me. :)