Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thursday Doings.



Maybe I sound like a broken record, but I am still working with some horses, trying to get a suitable feed team. I worked one of my paint horses a bunch, trying to get him to mellow out enough to travel out on a lose line, but he just did not want to play the game. I have found a suitable substitution for him, but now the better paint horse is giving me a few problems. The paints were broke to pull a light wagon, or buggy, (at a trot) and they cannot seem to get that out of their minds. Kind of like trying to teach an old dog new tricks. I am gaining on the better paint and his new mate, but some days I wonder???? If someone asked me if they were working out good, I would be like the Norwegian who was asked if his car blinker was working. Yes, No, Yes, No, Yes, No. lol. I have enough Norvegian in me to get away with saying that.
Here is the makeshift team, and the flatbed I built this week for my running gear. I took another photo of it, and one of my new collars. They are real nice collars that came from Iowa. I am pretty sure they were made by the amish. I did not have enough collars for these smaller horses, so I bought 2 new ones.

1 comment:

Jinglebob said...

Nice wagon and collar. I need to get my bale unroller wagon re-done and fix up all the old on it and then start using it. These saddle horses don' seem to make as good of teams as them old draft horses. I know these little Haflingers have a lot more get up and go then my old Belgiuns did.

Might have to call your neighbor and borrow some from him. ;)